Monday, October 5, 2009

A Blogger's Challenge

So I am participating in a blogging challenge.  The first challenge is a get to know me interview and here are the questions.

1. What is your real name and why did you choose your screen name? 
Well, my real name is Kristen Spyker and I usually use the screen name Krisspy because its just shortened Kristen and shortened Spyker.

2. Tell us about yourself, what you do, and your family.
 I have been married to Scott for 4 years but we have been living together for 8 years.  He has two daughters that stay with us on weekends.  Sarah is 17 and Stephanie is 13.  We also just had a baby boy named Ethan and he is 11 months old.  He will be 1 years old on 11/11/09.  My husband has a consulting business and travels A LOT for work.  I do odds and ends for his business and other than that I am a SAHM.  We have 3 dogs  two Chiahuahua (Jake and Taco) and a girl Maltese named Lilly. 

3. What type of Scrapbooking do you do, and what gives you your inspiration? 
First, I don't do a lot of scrapbooking.  I mainly do cards and mini albums (which I guess is a scrapbook).  I am begining a baby Scrapbook of Ethan but I find it very hard.  It is a totally different mindset then making cards and I am having a hard time with digital files and enlarging and printing and everything.  I did just do my first 3 layouts since I was 17 or something.  I will be posting those when I get pictures on them.  I also just signed up for Ali Edwards current Scrapbooking workshop at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  I am hoping that will help get me into the right framework for scrapbooking. 

4. What are you other favorite things to do?
I love to cook and bake, read, knit, my favorite thing ever has to be cuddling on the coach with my husband and watching movies on a Fri. or Sat. night.  Thats the best.

5. What do you like to do to relax?
 Read a good book and take a hot bubble bath.

6. What is your favorite kind of music?
 I don't really know, I don't listen to a lot of music, I always listen to talk radio in the car.  Most CDs I own are 60's Rock.  But I also love classical and the Blues.

7. Do you have a favorite TV show? 
Yes, my all time favorite is the original BBC Office with Ricky Gervais.  Funniest show ever, I could watch it over and over.

8. Do you collect anything? 
Well, other than papercrafting supplies, not really, I am really trying to have less stuff in my life right now.

9. What makes you You? 
That is a really tough question.  I am very friendly, I like to laugh, tend to be very positive (can turn any lemon into lemonade), love to play boardgames, I am a closet nerd (I am a politics junky, read science mags, and debate everything).  I don't know how else to answer this question. 

10. And lastly is the old Desert Island Question.  
Besides my family and pets, I would probably buy a Kindle so I would have unlimited books to read,  a couple decks of cards, and a teddy bear that I have had since I was a baby. 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome interview! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Kristy. I love your Nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interview answers! I checked out a couple of your cards, you do fabulous work! Great thinking on bringing the Kindle on the desert island. I'm still thinking about that question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview Kristy, not sure how I missed it :( Love your answers, good luck with the scrapbooking I find it is a process and if you have the creativity to make beautiful cards scrapbooking will come :) And a Kindle what a great idea. Looking forward to having you in our group.

    ReplyDelete