Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday's Designer Tip

So this is just going to be a really quick tip to fix a problem that I run into very often. 

I am going to show you a really quick fix for when your cutting blade was dull and frayed your paper.  Sometimes you don't have another blade and sometimes you just don't want to cut another piece of paper, so here is what I do.

Well, actually first here is a picture of the problem.



The solution to this is simple and you have a couple of options.  1. Sandpaper 2. Nail file 3. Basic Grey's Presicion Filing Set.  I used the 3rd option here but really and of these work.



It takes a few seconds and fixes a big problem.  Here is a picture from the side of the paper after I sanded the edges down and you can see how clean the edge is now. 



Hope that helps. I will leave you with a card...
Just recently I posted that I love traditional Christmas designs.  Well, I must be going crazy because I just made this card and it is about as untraditional as it could get.  Oh Well, I still like though.


The supplies I used here are Kraft paper, Thickers from American Crafts, the little elf is from Die Cuts With a View. 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment