Thursday, September 3, 2009

Riley Notecards.

I am really having fun with blank notecards they give you the freedom to turn the card into whatever you what.  When you need a card you just stamp whatever sentiment you want inside and your good to go. 
The camera didn't pick this up but the little circles on the card to the right is all glittered.  I took Stickles and spread it around on these little 1" circles and let them dry over night.  It really looks like I bought glittered paper.  Very cute.  I am loving the new Anna Griffin paper.  Usually her paper is not my style at all.  Very flowery and soft but the new designs are bold and graphic and I am loving them.  This is from her Riley Collection which is one of the cutest childrens paper I have seen in a long time.  Its not over the top with childish designs. 
Which leads me to a very good point that my really good friend Melanie was talking about a few weeks ago when we were scrapbooking together. 
If you are doing a layout of a child picking pumpkins in a pumpkin patch you don't need to put pumpkins all over the page and use pumpkin themed paper.  In fact the picture will stand out more if you don't.  Instead just use complimentary patterns and colors because after all the picture should be the focal point. 
The corduroy buttons and the white ribbon and silver cord are all from Stampin Up!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed spending some time on your blog is morning. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete